Business Skills for Land Care Professionals Online
The reality of being self-employed can be daunting. Certainly there is great satisfaction and freedom in being one’s own boss, but there are also many obligations and pitfalls.
Most small businesses fail in their first year of operation because the owners are unaware of legislative requirements, and do not have the skills to properly plan and manage the business.
Drawing on 40 years of small business experience, this course goes well beyond information found in textbooks and on the web, providing a practical interpretation of common business problems, and guidance to solutions.
While it is addressed at small business owners in the ornamental land care and farming sectors, this course is equally applicable to all other types of small business. Participants will develop their own marketing and business plans.
Topics discussed are:
- Choosing the appropriate legal entity for your business
- Being aware of and working within legal parameters governing your business
- Evaluating the pros and cons of different business financing options
- Developing strategies to increase sales, profitability and cash flow
- Using information presented in financial reports and financial ratios to make informed business management decisions
- Managing risk
- Preparing estimates and budgets
- Hiring and retaining a competent workforce
- Developing a business strategy, business plan and operational plan for your startup or current business
Who should take this course?
- Anyone contemplating going into business for themselves
- Small business owners feeling overwhelmed by rules and regulations they knew nothing about
- Small business owners without a formal marketing and business plan.